Thursday, May 22, 2008

No news is good news?

Not exactly. Mom and Dad were hoping that I (Daniel Jackson Donahue, a.k.a. Jack, a.k.a. Sonny) would grace them with my presence by now but momma-Shelle is still bellyaching (literally) and dad is considering an in-home procedure with some Vaseline and kitchen tongs. It is hard to understand how they can miss someone that they haven't even met yet but I guess that this is the one of the few times in life that they can feel these strange range of emotions so should probably embrace it. I am sure that once I come out they will forget all about the build up of anxiety and anticipation, especially when I am waking them up at 3am looking for some milk. I really hope they are not too anal about time anyway because I would rather do things on my own terms.

Grandpa Jim came down to visit yesterday. He had a very calming voice and sounded cool. I heard dad say he looked like he had nuts in his mouth, what the hell did that mean? He actually ticked my foot through mom's belly. It made me chuckle but I am pretty sure that you should offer to shake a man's hand before touching his feet. Since I am not sure which of these extremities is my hand, I will let it slide.

It is getting tight in here. I am 60% effaced which means not only am I upside down but my head is stuck half-way down a canal leading to the unknown. Soon I am just going to bite the bullet and head down to see what is on the other side, I'm guessing it will be kind of like being an astronaut, frontiersman or maybe a spelunker?

Word is on the outside that we are going swimming today. That is really fun for me because all the weight of the world is lifted off of mom's belly when she submerges and it cools off my little pod. I have a feeling when I get out, swimming and water activities will be some of my favorite activities. Anybody got a boat? How about a pool? I hope so.

It is nap time for me. Hopefully mom will eat soon, I am starving and that coffee this morning has my bowels all fouled up. I'll post soon. Later alligator.

2 comments:

Grandpa Jim said...

What up Jack, or should I say What down (your head, get it)
Enjoyed our quasi-visit the other day, you could have at least come out and say hi.
Looking forward to meeting you face to face real soon and introducing you to the famous "Mills". Mom, Dad and your uncles have had some real "throw downs" here and I'm sure you will too. Let me give you a head's up right now though NO SHITTING IN THE POOL!!
We'll have a lot of fun swimming, fishing and riding on the boat. I'll teach to how to use the slide on the boat and be a "mud dart" We'll get great-uncle Mike down here, he is a huge kid and will love you.
Grandma Rose has some great Daddy stories and lots of ideas how we can make daddy's life real real fun. I have a few ideas myself from my childhood. It will be real fun to see daddy's face get red and his eyes get real big and have him use all those words he says you can't use. And as you grow you will get faster and daddy will get slower so the fun gets better and better. (Good thing daddy is going to be a lawyer ha ha)
Anyway, Grandma Rose and I are very anxious to meet. You are already loved by many and you are part of a very interesting family.
Come see us as soon as possible.
Love, Grandpa Jim and Grandma Rose

aunt norma said...

hey shell you look great but jackson a.k.a. jack looks pretty heavy already, must take after his daddy. no more ice cream for him. see you all real soon. love, aunt norma